Talking Gwen the Penguin is the second character in the original iPolly talking animal application series. With Talking Gwen the Penguin, you get vivid 3D animations and high quality sound with a very cute penguin. The app is very kid-friendly. There are no obscene, violent, or bizarre scenes that you wouldn’t like your children to see.
The penguin lives in the South Pole. She is lovely and playful. Her most favorite food is fish. She loves the skating, dancing, and laughing. In her spare time, she enjoys fishing—but it is not always an easy task. Sometimes, she even needs to worry about shark attacks! Indeed, Gwen’s life is not always fun and games. She will encounter pollution, hunger, and boredom. The least you can do is talk to her, right?
- Talk to the Penguin and she repeats
- Tap the food icon to feed her the fish
- Tap the fishing icon to see her fishing
- Pat on her head to see her jump around
- Pat on her tummy to see her chuckle
- Shake the phone to see her skate
- Swipe the phone to see her spin on ice
- Record your own greeting and farewell messages and let the Penguin say it for you
- Set different playback speeds to try different sound effects
It’s not a Tamagotchi what you get, it’s a nice Pengo, which repeats your talkings. Some more activities, like feeding, are poosible. Most important: No ads, no traps for children playing with this app.
User’s Rating in UK’s AppStore:
App is new, no Ratings avaiable until now
- Normal price will be 59 Pence
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later
- There is a version for iPad avaiable, called Talking Gwen the Penguin HD, which is currently 59 Pence