Todays free App London JamCams (regular price is just 59p) provides you with an “at a glance” view of the traffic congestion on London’s roads via a network of 179 traffic cameras (includes cameras on the outskirts of London, including those serving the Blackwall Tunnel). Cameras can easily be chosen from either a Map based interface, an A-Z list and can be added to your own “Favourites” for quick access later. Unlike similar apps, London JamCams allows you to define and save “Routes of cameras”. Just define your route and immediately see the congestion along the whole route before you set off.
- Access to 179 traffic cameras spread across Greater London
- Map based view with selectable cameras
- A – Z list of cameras (with Letter Index for quicker navigation)
- Ability to define “ROUTES” of cameras. A route can be given a name and any number of cameras can be assigned to a route quickly through the A-Z or Favourites lists. Cameras can be placed in any order. Once defined the cameras of a route can be viewed, either manually of via a slideshow
- Search for cameras by name (i.e. camera/road name) or by geographical area of cameras (i.e. North or South) to quickly locate a camera
- Whilst viewing a camera image, the user has the ability to navigate back and forth to next and previous cameras in the list
- Ability to “play” a slideshow of selected cameras
- Zoomable Camera Images (pinch or double touch)
- Quickly add/remove cameras to and from your favourites list or an to an existing route
The option to define and save your route makes sense for everyone, who travels to work regulary. It saves a lot of time to just see the preselcted most critical places. So the slideshow shows you the current situation on your way, while having a cup of coffeee or breakfast.
User’s Rating in UK’s App Store:
Good to know:
- The App is free only today (May, 15Th 2011)
- Regular price is 59p
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later