Point & Click Adventure Amerzone: The Explorer’s Legacy is free today for iOS DevicesJune 16th, 2011
Today’s free App Amerzone: The Explorer’s Legacy – Part 1 is is the first chapter of a new published three-part adventure. The story has been freely adapted from a Benoît Sokal’s comic book adventure, an Inspector Canardo mystery, published by Casterman. The game does not replicate the PC version but has been adapted for touch screens and mobile platforms.
Before dying, the explorer Emile Valembois tells of his most extraordinary expedition ever: his search for the mysterious “white bird”. He entrusts you, a young journalist – the playing character, with the mission to return to the Amerzone to return an egg stolen 50 years ago. You, naively, accept.
Legend has it that the mysterious white birds spend their whole lives in flight, from birth to death, without ever landing. To ensure the survival of the species you have to work your way through an adventure combining, politics, ecology and action. You have to follow where the action goes, from Brittany to an isolated tropical forest, full of mosquitoes, guerillas and white birds.
You are suddenly transformed from journalist to explorer setting out for the Amerzone, chasing down any clues that Alexandre Valembois left you in his lighthouse.
- The first adventure from the author of Syberia and Syberia 2, Benoît Sokal
- The fascinating treasure trail laid out in Valembois’ notebooks
- High-definition graphics and cinematics
- Numerous enigmas to solve
- The varied and bewitching music and ambient sounds
- Voices and texts are available in 5 languages (English,French,German,Italian,Spanish)
Nice Graphics, but a bit short, if you want to continue, you can download Part II and III. The guidance makes it easier to play, than most of the other games of this genre.
User’s Rating in UK’s App Store:
not enough ratings
Good to know:
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 3.2 or later.
- Regular price is £2.99