Travel Around London is a new free travel information iPhone-application for London. With Travel Around London you have access to accurate and up-to-date travel information at your finger tips. Travel Around London allows you to make an informed decision on planning your route around the capital. The app looks somehow unfinished, but the mayor features are avaiable. Multi-Language support is a great thing, but not in the way it was done here. It’s just funny like it is momentarily. An example: Tube Status is translated into Rohr Status, which makes no sense and could be understood in German language as status of a cock… That is always the problem, if you don’t use someone, who is helping you with the language…
Currently supported services:
- Current underground line status accurate to 30 seconds. Giving a detailed break down as to what may be affecting that line at any given time.
- Underground line closures for the coming weekend. Giving you as much notice as possible to avoid disappointment due to travel disruption.
- Edit underground lines so that the most relevant one for you is first.
- Live underground departure boards
- View London Underground stations relevant to your location.
- View station details such as station address, serving lines and station opening times.
- View pier locations relevant to your location.
- View Cycle Hire docking station locations.
- Multi language support: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Japanese (really funny)
We were missing a good tube-map and could not find all information (i.e. Live underground departure boards), funny translations. Very good is the live status of the tube lines, that can save time.
User’s rating in UK’s App Store:
no rating, App is new
Good to know:
- App for iPhone and iPod Touch – needs iOS 4.0 or newer
- App is free