Biking? There’s an App for that – and today this App is free for you!August 14th, 2011
Todays free App Cyctastic PRO for iPhone is your personal sports and health assistant for all kinds of exercises (cycling, mountain bike, running and many others). Start the App every time you start your bike tour, jogging or whatever you like. You’ll get very good statistics about your training efforts and get even more out of this App.
The App is brought to you by Runtastic and is very similar to their Runtastic Pro App. So if you already have Runtastic Pro, you don’t need Cyctastic Pro. If not, you can save £3.99 today
- Track exercises via GPS: automatically record time, distance, calories consumption, speed, elevation and more
- View your current position and route on a map
- Training diary: history of your exercises
- Sexy voice feedback in English and German
- iPod integration: listen to your favourite music during training
- Competitions: challenge your friends and let the voice feedback tell you if you are the leader.
- Sharing: Publish your activities on Facebook, Twitter and on the runtastic sports portal
- Indoor sports: manual data input offers you the possibility to keep track of your exercises such as gym training, treadmill or yoga
You can upload all these activities to the runtastic sports platform www.runtastic.com. There you get a perfect overview about your personal sports diary and can view detailed statistics and analysis of your exercises.
Also all future features will be free.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
As you see, the Cyctastic app offers many options in one sole application. It is your ideal partner indoors and outdoors because of a large number of different functions.
Other possible fields of use for the cyctastic app:
✔ Speed analysis (maximum speed at skiing)
✔ Mountain bike downhill
✔ Elevation records
✔ Navigation during orientation runs (compass function)
I’m using the Runtastic Pro App already and this kind of brother-App is very useful for jogging and lots of other sports activities. Cyctastic Pro is using the same system – so one of the apps is enough.
User’s Rating in UK’s App Store:
Good to know:
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later.
- Regular price is £3.99