Today’s free App for you is a newly published training program for your personal health. Go from your couch to running a 10K !30-60 minutes, 3 times a week, 14 weeks. You can easily do it. 10K Runner is the the most advanced get-in-shape app that will help you get off the couch and do a 10K (6 Mile) run in 14 weeks.
The app guides you through a 14 week program, 3 times a week, where in each workout you alternate walks and runs. An audio coach tells you when walk and when to run, as well as warmup & cooldown. The walking/running intervals gradually increase in effort over 14 weeks, with more running and less walking, until you run a 10K in one straight run.
It also works perfectly with your iPod/iPhone music player, so you can listen & enjoy music while exercising, with the audio coach telling you what to do at each interval. You don’t need to look at your watch, as everything is timed and tracked. You can even run any GPS app that you want if you want to track your running route (there are many excellent free running GPS apps available).
10K Runner also tracks your achievements and lets you review each step you have done in the past. You will also earn badges as you reach important milestones, and will have the opportunity to share them with your friends if you want.
✔ 14 Week running program, from Zero to 10K
– alternating walks and runs, increasing in difficulty
– audio coach telling you when to walk, run, warmup, and cooldown
– color coded workout tables that layout the workout plan
– works with the iPhone/iPod screen locked (dark)
– works with your iPhone/iPod music player
– works with any running GPS app (like Nike+ GPS)
– color coded screens (green = running, yellow = walking, etc)
– Audio Coach can be voice, beeps, or both
– you can start the program from the beginning, in the middle, or repeat workouts
✔ Win / Achievement tracking
– tracks each workout and shows a history of your progress
– lets you share your wins/achievements with your friends
– shows the badges you have earned as you reached key milestones
✔ Share your runs
– email to friends
– publish on Facebook
– post it to Twitter
✔ Learn section
Guidance & information for beginners.
Links to stretching & warmup videos.
Answers to the most common questions beginners have such as
– information on the running program
– running pace
– how to stretch
– repeating or skipping days
– app information and help
– contacting us for help / advice
Extremly polished and useful app, very good for all, who are already thinking of doing more sports.
User’s Rating in UK’s App Store:
be the first one to give a rating
Good to know:
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or newer.
- Regular price is £1.99