Today’s free App is made for those who are planning to visit the infamous Oktoberfest (“Wiesn“) 2011 in Munich. App is loaded with various useful functions about the Oktoberfest itself, but also includes bits and pieces about Munich.
The App contains information about beer tents (main focus, isn’t it?) and there is a mini-guide to the city of Munich, which includes the list of 15 attractions to quench your thirst for sightseeing in the Bavarian capital.
The beer tents and attractions are conveniently marked in the integrated map. For all guests who can’t speak Bavarian (yet), the App offers a little dictionary with 130 Bavarian expressions..quite useful when it comes to chatting with those friendly waitresses, we’d say.
In order to be always prepared and ready for anything mother nature throws your way you also get the information about current weather in the City of Munich, as well as a 3-day weather forecast (the temperatures are shown in Celsius and Fahrenheit; although be warned not to mix those after your first beer…). For getting to the Oktoberfest quickly, safely and without going around in circles (it’s only 16 days you have after all), the App contains a list of directions and routes to the place of the action when using public transport (incl. departure times).
Further functions (you thought that was all, right?):
- Tent status: Which tent is already overcrowded, which one is waiting just for you… information worth millions, right?
- Navigation function to the attractions in Munich (ok, culture takes it’s toll)
- Beercounter – so you can always see how many beers you already had… ok, this may seem boring, but for general purpose of almighty statistics…
- Alcohol calculator (calculated using the amount of beer in your system, your weight and the time … basically estimates how much of your blood is currently alcohol)
- Frequently Asked Questions by your fellow visitors to Oktoberfest(s)
- Countdown to the official opening ceremony of Oktoberfest 2011 – three, two, one… drink!!!!
- Livecam: Look at the Theresienwiese…and maybe spot some of your friends already there 🙂
Nice collection of useful information for your Oktoberfest-Visit in Munich. If you want to see Munich, a regular City Guide is additional required. For example: Lonely Planet Munich (£3.99). Currently free is Cool Munich, which shows the best hotspots of the Bavarian Capital.
Good to know:
- Regular price of the App is 69p. Cheers! or as they say in Bavaria: Prosit!