Todays free App iMapMyRUN+ makes running fun and easy, turning iPhone into a social training partner while tracking your pace, distance, and route using GPS. Everything you need from couch potato to marathoner, this app automatically tracks your runs, keeps your training log, and lets you compete and share with friends. Automatically syncs with your free account on www.MapMyRun.com.
This app has all the features of the hit running app iMapMyRUN, but without ads – plus we’ve added in iPod integration so you can access your tunes and playlists from within the app, and also the ability to take geo-tagged photos along your route and upload them to the web.
Whether you’re just trying to get motivated for your first 5K, or training for your 10th marathon, you can rely on iMapMyRUN+ to help you reach your goals.
Getting started is simple:
- Start the app and configure any additional settings (i.e. Auto tweet, voice feedback) if desired.
- Start recording your run within the app.
- Put on your favorite iPod Playlist (or streaming music like Pandora).
- Put your iPhone in your armband or pocket.
- Start running.
- When you finish, press stop, and decide if you want to save your results, and/or post to Facebook or Twitter.
When you’re done, your results (distance, time, splits) are all automatically recorded in the app and on the web with your free account at www.MapMyRun.com where you can analyze results.
- GPS distance tracking
- Integrated iPod
- Integrated photo capture and geo-tagging
- Time, pace, splits
- Route mapping
- Voice feedback
- Heart rate monitoring via Ant+ dongle (see details at http://MapMyRun.com/imapmy/wahoo – works with your existing Garmin or Timex heart rate monitor)
- Live-tracking of friends (permission based)
- Real-time run sharing via Facebook and Twitter
- Historical training log
- Run against previously saved or newly searched routes
- Manual workout entry to log treadmill runs
- Use your iPhone contact list to see which of your friends are already using iMapMyRUN+ (on the web or on mobile), and connect with them
- Social activity feed to motivate and inspire friends
- Nutrition tracking and calorie counting
User’s Rating in UKs App Storte:
- Regular price is 1.49
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.