Today’s free game was the 2009 iPhone Game of the Year. A tower defense game with an involving fantasy story. Defender Chronicles Legend of the Desert King by Chillingo is free for just a limited time, so better get it now. Regular price is changing between 69p to 2.99 £.
You are the king, who has to defend his kingdom against the orcs in different battles with placing and building units, upgrading them and fighting. It is not only a tower defense game, like we know them. Embedded in a good story-line you are pulled into the story and it is somehow hard to stop playing. There are so many upgrades avaiable, so many different troops – and it is only your strategy which leads to defeat or winning the battle.
- Epic storyline with Voice Over and Comic
- Select between might and magic heroes
- Over 20 different types of units with distinct abilities
- Unlockable secrets from the Great Library
- Hundreds of unique items for hero
- 5 difficulty levels and 5 game modes
- Endless mode included
- Unlimited gameplay with freestyle mode
- Extremely high replayability value, time flies with each round of the game
- iPod music library access, email a challenge from the game
- Online leaderboards, achievements, friends, chat using OpenFeint.
- High production value: 9 original music soundtracks, spatial 3D audio, voice-acting, hand-drawn graphics, intuitive controls, auto-save, auto-flip, fast-forward, vibrate, HQ graphics option
Much more than you can expect from a tower defense for a mobile. In-depths gameplay which is difficult to end.
User’s Rating in UK’s App Store:
Good to know:
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later.