Today’s free App for your iPhone or iPad is London Tube and Bus Maps Offline by Tidels. The App has a completely self contained database where over 1200 maps are available at your fingertips for your Apple device and it does not require an Internet connection.
The App is a complete guide for London Transportation, It has maps for London Tube, Bus, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), River Service and Tram Service.
The App offers the following Maps:
- Tube Maps tab – Lists 5 tube maps and 13 first/last train timing charts.
- Standard Tube Map, Taking Bikes Tube Map, Step-free Tube Map, Avoiding Stairs Tube Map and Toilet facilities Tube Map.
- First/Last Tube for all Lines (Bakerloo, Central, Circle, District, Hammersmith & City, Jubilee, Metropolitan)
- Bus Maps Tab – Lists bus maps including those of 1100+ borough maps & around 100 night bus routes.
- Area Bus: (Central London Day and Night Maps, North East and West Maps, South East and West Maps)
- Borough Maps: Bus Maps for all 33 London Boroughs with Day and Night maps for each stop (Over 1100 Bus Maps)
- Docklands Light Railway DLR( DLR maps and 45 DLR time-tables)
- River Service (20 Pier Maps, 4 Time-tables)
- Tram maps (Tram Network and User guide)
Some wireless companies are charging $ 24.99 for 50 mb. Many of the so called free London Apps do not work when there is no connection to the Internet.